Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 04:52 PM   #2
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Welcome to the forum. Looks like your first post.

Im pretty sure an inverter was not a "Factory option" on your model. And Factory solar wiring was in 2018 on some Thor models so I im sure its not on your year model. If it is prewired you should find some 10 gauge wires in your electal panel that is not connected to anything.

I installed my inverter next to the fuse box under my bed. This is the best location to make it operate like factory since you can tap into the factory 12 v battery supply and add a small inverter to run a few outlets.

Do a search on inverters on this site. Lots of info.

I posted a few about my Aims 1200 watt inverter. Best bang for the buck IMO. It has an auto transfer which built in so it can switch from the shore power (AC) to inverter power (DC).

Also you might need to upgrade your batteries to get the full use of your solar and inverter.

Do your research here and on the interweb - tons of info availalbe on this subject(S).

And post any question you have here and some of us will try and help you the best we can.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum