Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 06:03 PM   #5
Miramar Owner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71_340 View Post
I have been reading and mostly researching the Thor forum for a while now and find it very informative. My wife is already retired and I will retire next April and we want to buy an RV and enjoy our freedom to travel after spending 33 years in the military (which I enjoyed).

We look forward to visiting state parks and a lot of camping. It is just the two of us and our Dobie who will travel with us (no more boarding for him).
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're in a situation much like I was a few years ago.

I had an older motorhome and wanted something newish to travel more when I retired. I did a LOT of research before settling on the Miramar. I knew I wanted the larger wheels with 22.5" tires for many reasons. That narrowed my search to either the Miramar or Challenger from Thor. I wanted only slides on one side to make it easier for state parks and I wanted an outdoor kitchen. I did NOT want a full body slide due to problems I had heard of with such a large slide. I also wanted NO water/sewer lines in the slide...again potential problems.

All of the above led me to the Miramar. I've had a few minor issues but no real horror stories. I love my Miramar.

Deciding your needs and "must haves" before you start looking will help tremendously in your search. Then do your home work on the dealers in your area and buy from the one with the fewest complaints.

I hope you enjoy your travels as much as we have enjoyed ours! This is a beautiful country!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum