Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 10:18 PM   #3685
DinoC41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaMo View Post
Hi Jerry...and I know Dino and Dave had asked, as well (and for anyone else interested) --

We left the 1st Tues in Oct. Went first to Bullhead City. Kind of a shake down, making sure that everything was running fine before we headed out to the middle of nowhere. From there, we went to the Grand Cyn for a couple nights, headed across AZ to Farmington, NM, where we stayed a couple days with some old church friends.

Then on across northern NM -- Hwy 64 is awesome in early Oct. with the aspens changing color. Even got a little snow! Stayed in Taos a couple nights; could've stayed longer! From there, we went across the OK panhandle, eventually dropping down into Pawnee where my wife's birth mother lives. (Great back story that I won't bore you with here.)

When we left OK, we headed back west, through Amarillo, waved to Dino (up in Lubbock) and angled back into southern NM, through Clovis and Roswell to get to Carlsbad, enjoying a few days there. Then back up to Artesia, NM and west thru Cloudcroft to drop out of the sky (almost literally!) into Alamogordo to enjoy the White Sands area.

Came back home via some restful stops in Yuma and San Diego. Returned home one month to the day from when we'd left. A great trip. Still amazed by the coordination between the V10 and the 6-speed transmission. Also, depending upon the day, we averaged anywhere from 6.8 to 8.8 mpg.

I'll include a few pics. Tap and enjoy!

Kent

Great pics and trip report!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.