Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 12:32 AM   #12
MiramarTN

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: Tennessee
THOR #12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGarlick View Post
Had to think about this for a while, and obviously I don't understand something. Isn't the idea of a stove that it is supposed to get hot?It's all right if induction units operate different, but I would appreciate it if someone would educate me Thanks, gang.
The information I provided on the error code was just what my product owner's manual stated.

The idea of an induction stove is not to get hot. The only heat is the heat that is transferred to the cooktop from the pot/pan while cooking. Induction cooktops must use pots and pans in which a magnet will stick, no aluminum. The magnetic fields cause the pot/pan to heat up. That is why induction cooktops will be cool to the touch not too long after the pot/pan is removed.

Although we are still getting familiar with our Miramar, my wife really likes the induction cooktop.

I hope this helps.

MiramarTN
MiramarTN is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum