Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 06:26 PM   #2
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut214 View Post
I'm in the process of getting a rearview camera for my rig and am pretty much settled on a wired unit however drilling holes to route wiring is not something I look forward to unless I know exactly where to drill. Anybody here done this or knows of a place I can find this info? I would also be interested in hearing about pic quality on the new wireless units. My last one was not good.
Thanks
My coach has a valance, for the lack of a better word..... basically a trim board installed at an angle as if it were crown moulding, along the back wall in my bedroom.

It was simply tacked in place and in fact fell down 2 or 3 trips in, and I reattached better than factory. Anyway, if you have that, it would a simple matter to pull it down and have a look. This is where the wiring for my camera and the rear clearance lights run.

Other than that, i suggest calling customer service
the should be able to supply a structural diagram so you can get some idea of where the metal structure is running
and can likely give you some idea about the wiring too, although i wouldn't hold my breath on this part.

I saw where somebody posted that they mounted their camera in the position formally occupied by the center clearance light. I personally would not go that route, but instead mount it below the light.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.