Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 01:56 AM   #16
71_340

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River 2400R MBS
State: Missouri
THOR #13744
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Keep in mind..
Your 1st coach is a learning tool..
When You tour/view "In Person" any perspective coach..
View it First with all slides retracted,
If the coach is fully usable without the slides extended, then give it a second look.
(Think wally-docking,rest areas,truckstops...any where that you cannot/do not have room for the slides to be extended)

BUY USED! & buy one with everything you "think" you want and will need..
(If it seems a bit small but still do-able....
It will become excruciatingly Tiny after a week or three being "coop'd up" due to weather....

As You will make mistakes and have booboo's We all have.....(sometimes more than twice..)
Within a year or two you will discover..about the RV

What you love about the RV...
What you can kinda-sorta tolerate with the RV..
And what you absolutely hate about that !@#$%^%$#@! RV.
Then you can go get what you should have gotten in the first place..
Happy Hunting

Remember!!!!
Every day you "put off" retiring...is just one LESS day you have remaining to enjoy being RETIRED !!!
All good advice just as it is from everybody else. You are absolutely correct about the slides. I would really prefer not to have one at all and looking at floor plans I am trying to figure out what will work best with the slide(s) retracted.

Appears to me that if I want room without slides I would have to go late 90s or early 2000s and at least 30', Then the choices are limited because a lot of them have the GM Workhorse chassis which I don't want. According from what I read the Ford platform is a better choice.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum