Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 03:24 PM   #1
Wilber

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alberta
THOR #13754
Hello from Edmonton Alberta

Brand new to this forum as we are considering a 2015 Thor Four Winds 35 SK Super C Motorhome. As with our previous RVs I’m trying to know the good, the bad and the ugly about this company’s products, experience has taught me there’s no better, trustworthy or balanced source of information than these forums so thanks to all who are reading this.
The dealer has winterized the thing so can’t check the water system easily, no test drive yet either but yesterday I went over it in their showroom and like what I see. The F-550 Chassis/diesel powertrain gets consistent praise and few complaints. How many MPG do you average?
The Shwintech slide system gets slammed pretty good on the net but when I ran it (coach on rubber but their shop was reasonably level) it preformed flawlessly, very quiet and smooth. I’ve had hydraulics (just as smooth), under slide gear drive track (not so much) and cable actuated (Maintanence heavy) but the Swhintec makes the most sense. Have you had significant issues?
Couldn’t try the LCI auto levelling system either (their touchy about that showroom floor!) and again the frickin internet is biased towards the negative. I like the bidirectional hydraulic system, our Itasca Meridian had a spring return design that required a pry bar to help it into its stored position. Your experience with this leveling system is greatly appreciated.
I could go on all day (this is a major purchase after all as you can appreciate) but my biggest concern is the Whirlpool residential refrigerator. We plan to travel for an extended time (months God willing) so boondocking will be the norm 5 days outta 7 a lot of the time. With say 6 hrs travel and 500 AHrs (so 250 available) in the house can we avoid the nightly generator auto start feature? It’s there for the microwave, air conditioners, the DW’s hairdryer etc. but wondering if we watch our power consumption can we go day to day on the chassis charge?
The fridge is fed by a Xantrex Pro 18 KW Inverter. What have you found with these residential fridges?
These forums are such a joy to read and I look forward to sharing our ad(and miss)adventures with you all. Enjoy the day!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum