Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 05:16 PM   #1
Cummins12V98

Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Dump Valves How "I" Like Them!

Sick and tired of the cable valves that simply are designed to fail!

I replaced the Black Tank Valve with a standard "T" handle Valterra unit. Only negative was I had to open the basement and remove a couple storage bins to open and close the valve every time I flushed the tank.

Then recently the grey tank valve stopped closing. So on the down stream side of the box under the RV I added 3" and 1.5" valves. That worked fine until I closed the new 1.5" valve for a couple days and discovered the cable valve I left open was leaking, GRRRR.

So I decided to eliminate the 1.5" valve and cut a access hole in the bottom of the plastic box. Then decided to simply replace the valve and have it MUCH more accessible than the one I had installed.

I eye balled where the blade/handle housing would exit the plastic pan and cut a hole and slid the new valve it. It's VERY easy to access along with the 3" valve now. I just leave the two extra valves open now. I used an Utility Knife with sharp blade.

As you can see the JackHoles ran the Gas Pipe right over the box's fasteners that is why I cut the access hole. Actually glad I did. I used 1.5" x .75" strips of plywood for backing to patch the hole. Used Permatex "The Right Stuff" for sealant.

First fix below in first pic.

I turned the 1.5" valve horizontal and leave it open, easier than patching back the ABS and eliminating it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum