Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 10:13 PM   #2
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Our collective forum sympathies go out to you....the dreaded black tank accident.

I do not know your coach since I own an older ACE but is this the style of waste valve system you have? If yes, it is likely a Lasalle Bristol manufacture and are still available. I beleive that the end pieces should be ABS glued to their respective feed points (grey and black) while the pieces around the blade valve bodies I "believe" are moveable to allow easy replacement (bolting in) of new blade valve bodies when replacing damaged or worn ones. For sure the outside ports shown in the picture should have at least a glued ABS nipple. On my 2013 ACE I believe the grey tank feed is hard glued to the Lasalle Bristol unit but on the black tank side there is a nipple glued to the Lasalle Bristol 3" port but then Thor used a flexible (rubber) coupling between the black tank outlet and the 3" ABS nipple. Probably allowed them to more easily insert it all into the space and align it to the floor outlet hole in the waste cubby.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dual Gate Valve.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	14141  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum