Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 04:46 PM   #47
Toolroom

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23TB
State: Indiana
THOR #10682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolroom View Post
2018 Thor Compass TB owner. We love the design of our coach and the Ford Transit diesel chassis, we get compliments and questions about it everywhere we go. We have had our share of minor problems, which are to be expected, but I'm a do it yourself kind of guy don't mind doing quick repairs.

Currently we have a major problem and I am awaiting a decision from Thor Motor Coach on whether or not they will repair it under warranty. The plywood subfloor has begun to buckle from water intrusion, a problem we did not catch until about two months ago because it started under the sofa and was out of sight until then. I went back to the dealer I purchased the MH from and a technician was able to track the leak down to an improperly installed window. Water was coming in the top exterior of the window frame and running out the bottom interior then down the wall behind the sofa. Behind the sofa we found soaking wet rotting plywood and black mold. I now have duct tape on top of my window frame which has stopped the water intrusion but the area being damaged by water is still growing. I'm about an hour from the factory service center and repair of my floor, but I must wait for a decision from Thor.

So I guess I'll withhold a decision on how happy I am with my Thor Motor Coach until I see whether they will step up and repair a factory defect and how long it takes to do so.
We got a call today from Thor, they apologized for the problem we are experiencing and agreed to repair the damage even though our MH is no longer under warranty. Waiting for repair facility to call and tell me when to bring it in. I will update after repair is done.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.