Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 11:50 AM   #15
bruce1946

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magellan
State: Florida
THOR #6001
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
I assume your colors are sand and black, right?
Yes the colors i chose were black & sand.

Soon after I started the install and at first i thought it was a tad short as pulling the thread with much force the two ends weren't meeting. I did about 5 or so holes and took them out and re did them and they now came together. The black leather is a bit more stout and harder to pull together. The Sand leather was more compliant and didnt need as much tightness to come together. I did put the joint for the stitches slightly off center to the back of the wheel so the sewing and where the two ends met weren't as obvious. A dozen or so times i had to let the thread un twist as it would form knots while i was trying to pull the thread thru.

The measurements i gave them were 17 1/2 dia. X 3 1/2 cir. Take your circumference measurement from the high point of the finger relief. On the irv2 forum others have used
3 3/4. Mine came together just fine with a bit of careful pulling. I wore a cheap harbor freight glove on my right hand as the thread will cut into you when pulling the thread.
bruce1946 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum