Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 06:22 AM   #9
Kickstand

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29H Class C
State: California
THOR #7010
Well, I checked things out and with some work the new TV bracket is totally do-able. I pulled the AC cover, an a/c vent channel cover, and an LED light. As best as I can tell, one of the 1" aluminum strut/beam that runs across the coach is marked by the recessed LEDs, as they use the inside of the beam as a wire channel. This is exactly where I want the middle of the bracket to go. I'll contact Thor to see how far away the next beams forward and aft are, but I'm guessing they are at the end of the a/c unit and end of the fan cutout, which are too far to help me out. So for fore/aft stability, I'll put a plate inside the a/c channel and secure that to a larger wood base below it, with the ceiling sandwiched inside. That should give me stability on one axis. Then put three longer metal screws straight up along the center to bite into the beam. I'm thinking that should give me a solid foundation to attach the TV mount. A little bit of work, but because the stand can also swivel side to side, it puts the TV in a perfect spot for viewing from either the kitchen, couch or overcab bed, where i sleep. I like the idea of using the TV as a cabinet door, but I don't have any cabinets large enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0836.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	14256   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0842.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	14257  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0824.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	14258  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.