Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 12:55 PM   #4
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
it looks more like this 'salesman's' switch controls the 'RV CUSTOM PRODUCTS' latching relay, in the bottom photo. The information online shows that this is a momentary switched device that is a 12v Battery Disconnect, making use of an internal magnet to 'open'(STORE), or 'close'(USE) the internal contacts.

It sounds like either the physical switch is failing, or the device itself is not holding the contact. I've noticed that while on the engine Alternator, with it's charging to the battery bank, I have no problem keeping the Inverter ON...and inverting. It's only when the coach is sitting idle, off-grid, that the Inverter goes OFF after a while of inverting, even though the battery levels have only fallen to 12.4 or so, no where near the LBCO setting of 11.5. Also, the LBCO generally gives you a 'FAULT' and RED Light if it has cut off the inverter due to low battery levels, then automatically comes back online once the battery levels have reached back to 12.5.
In my situation, the inverter goes OFF, though there is no fault or warning or alert, and will not come back ON, without the Alternator in play, or on generator or shore power.

I can't say for sure that this device is part of the issue, because I don't necessarily lose all 12v items when the Inverter goes OFF, but I've tried to reset the Inverter several times, and I've lost ALL 12v power on several of those occasions, almost as if the Inverter's 'restart' is somehow impacting the whole 12v system. (?)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum