Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 10:41 PM   #3731
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Well things are getting back to normal here. Its been a roller coaster two weeks. Maria got diagnosed with cancer on Nov 8. By the 15th she was checked into the hospital after several doc visits and tests. Friday the 16th doc cut out the cancer. Nice 4" cut on her lower stomach. Got released from the hospital on Tuesday and doing great. Pathology report was great. No chemo needed. We even went to her aunts for Thanksgiving

So shes doing great but moving a little slow. No black friday shopping for her

I had some time to work on the motorhome. Finally mounted my fmca plate and removed the entry step

For those who remember i was getting a ratcheting sound from the motor when the step retracked in. Found a broken weld on the step frame. It has to be welded in the correct spot for the step controler to know its in and to turn off power. So next step is to bring it to my buddy that welds. If the weld holds up im good. If it still makes the noise then ill have to buy a new step.

FYI the step is held in place by 4 nuts. The bolts come down through the floor. Very easy to take off. I used a couple boards under the step to support it so it wouldnt fall on my head

Ill update as things get done

JerryAttachment 14277Attachment 14278Attachment 14279

Godspeed to your family. Cancer sucks but these are pretty good days medical wise. Mine was cut out 9 years ago and still cancer free. Glad you’re back. This thread is among my favorites!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.