Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 06:49 PM   #11
VegasBaby!!!

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #12326
back from my week boondocking it at Glamis. Towing full 18' enclosed trailer with sandrail, quad and 35 gal of gas. 220 miles one way. Plenty of power going up the grades, would hit 4k rpm. could have gone higher but I don't push my cars to their max and I was doing 60 anyway. on the straights I would cruise 65-70 with ease. Easy to drive I do have sumos on front and love them. I do feel big rigs and other RV's but its not uncomfortable. Camp was about 200 yards off dirt road in the hard packed sand/ dirt area so I came in a little hot being first time with the vegas out there. She did great no problem at all with traction or bumps. Even leaving was able to back up and go forward without a slip. was very happy. Leveling with the bigfoot hydros I installed was a breeze. the large pads didn't even dig into the sand thinking because the coach is fairly light compared to others with hydro levelers. Everything on the coach worked without a hitch even the awning rolled in by itself when It got windy and we where out on a ride. with being out for 5 days I will need to add extra water to my trailer to refill the vegas tank. We where very carefull with the water usage and ran out last day. the black tank was reading 3/4 full on day 3 so was worried but we made it. I don't like the heater set up. thermostat is in bedroom and the return air is under closet. when we have the rear bathroom door open to close off bedroom, the rest of coach is freezing. I will look into finding a thermostat with a remote sensor to mount in either the return air area or a wall near the front of coach. We close the bedroom door cause we have kids. All in all a great trip in the vegas.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum