Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Flaking sofa
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 02:12 AM   #4
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Once it starts it goes fast. Seems like it took no time for ours to go from barely noticeable to 100% shot!

We also have the air mattress sofa. The first could years it was fine for any of our kids to sleep in sofa mode, but now it's too small for my oldest.
We have never used the air bed and have only set it up once. I'll continue to avoid it as long as I can!

The worst of it is that when we found this floorplan, it was a very lightly used unit on a dealer's lot with the cheaper (i think) fabric upholstery option which meant it was a jacknife. When searching online to make sure it was a decent deal before we finalized the buy, I found a new unused unit the same year model but with the leatherette seating option a few hours drive away. DW wanted the leatherette thinking it would hold up better to kids, spills, dirty campgrounds, etc... and we could get it at the same price, basically as the lowest we could negotiate for the used one...so
moral of the story, be careful of what you ask for.....

We looked a long time for a slipcover. Found one that was close to the right size but we just couldn't get it to fit right.

I've been on the fence about what to do. I've considered swapping out to a jacknife sofa...seen a few for sale from folks that have replaced it for recliners..but none local enough to home.

I've also searched hard for a sofa, futon, etc... to fit..online, Ikea, and other furniture stores. No luck finding anything the right length or that looked potentially modifiable....Sure wish I could though to get rid of the air mattress!

I've even considering building my own...either find some futon hardware to build off of, or build something like a built in banquette sort of thing.....

So far we just haven't gotten to the point where we are willing to spend big $ for a new RV sofa.

I figure I'm prob either going to find an upholstery shop one of these days, or search through some RV salvage places.

Anyway, the good thing so far is that the leather trim on the dinette cushions is still holding up...so far it's been only the sofa and the two cab seats...but I know that will change eventually.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum