Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 05:15 PM   #10
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
I am not familiar with the Magnum inverter but on my Xantrex XM1000 when it faults the inverter displays the reason for the fault on the inverter panel. It does sound like low battery voltage under load. If you know the battery battery bank is supplying sufficient wattage, I would check the battery cable lug crimps, corrosion at cable ends and the tightness of the 12 volt connections. Look at the circuit breaker and fuse connections especially.
exactly, as this is what I told Magnum - I 'normally' see a 'FAULT' and some explanation or Fault Code wording - but in these situations I'm not seeing any other than 'OFF' and the current DC Volts reading, just as if someone reached up to the panel and pressed OFF.
This leads me to believe that it is losing all 12v power, even for just an instance, which cuts it to OFF mode.j
Batteries? Possible. I will check the voltage readings for each, and also the tightness of the connections, and possibly try to read the volts WHEN I apply the large load on the inverter and it cuts off. We'll see.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum