Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 06:07 PM   #1
m@tt

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #13002
high pointe convection microwave failure

I have now had back-to-back first-time use failures of my highpointe convection microwave.

The first time I used the one that came with my Four Winds at purchase it totally shorted out halfway through cooking a simple hot pocket (I know, gross food but, in my defense, I was driving it home over labor day across the country and was pressed for time in grocery shopping). Maybe it was trying to protect me from bad eating choices.

I had that oven replaced under warranty without any problem.

The second trip, I just got back from, the newly replaced unit fried its convection portion out during a preheat cycle the first time I tried it. Repeated attempts left it beeping randomly off and on in irregular intervals. Pulling the power and trying it the next day had it start the preheat cycle but stop before reaching the target temperature. The microwave portion still worked so I could at least warm some soup.

I'm convinced that it can't be so self aware (a la skynet) to have an opinion on my enchiladas which I was going to cook that it committed harakiri to protect me from myself.

Does anyone else have this brand and had total or partial failures?

Does anyone have a fully functioning high point convection microwave with no issues?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum