Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Starter Kits
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 01:24 PM   #3
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I have a CW approx 30 minutes from home, but we found and bought ours from a CW a few hours drive away.
Did the prelim deal over the phone
and when we showed up for the PDI they had it cleaned up real nice, but it was obvious they didn't do much in the way of doing what needed to be done.
tons of loose screws, and all sorts of little things
and the genny wouldn't start
so they replaced the carb, and fixed a whole bunch of little things from my punch list.

I ended up finding a whole bunch of others, little things mostly that i just addressed myself.

Ultimately took it into my neighborhood CW for some warranty stuff, and had no problems due to my buying from a different CW.
Not impressed with CW overall, with poor response times, typical customer no-service, etc... but they did the work..... well most of it....

If you ever need to get warranty work done, be sure to get in touch with your Thor in house customer serv rep sooner rather than later, and work through them instead of relying on the CW folks

They seem to have a revolving door for their service writers at my CW store, and are generally not impressive.

And to your original topic
NO, I too was surprised in the lack of throw ins
I expected a few Thor logo hats or shirts
& a good starter kit with sewer hose, etc...

The did give us a couple of CW hats and other stuff
and I had negotiated a bunk ladder and some store credit into the deal
But by the time they got it out of the shop with my punch list items so we could seal the deal, the store had closed, so I couldn't "buy" my sewer hose.... so they gave me one.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.