Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 09:36 PM   #5
jimmyzshack

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis
State: Louisiana
THOR #13864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Not sure But I would "think" it would be around 30 amp. You could use a bosh relay... I have used many of them in the past with car/jeep projects.

Where are you installing your inverter? I installed mine next to the fuse box under my bed. You can tap into the 12 v power and gound (saves wiring) and it up like the factory would have. That way when I turn off the switch at the door everything goes off. I also installed a seperate switch by the door for the inverter. That way I can turn on and off to save battery (when not needed) and it shows the status / faults with inverter.
We have the 25.3 axis no storage under the bed, but there is room behind the converter to put the inverter. Also going to put the two batteries there also. Inverter has a 30amp transfer switch in it. Existing battery wires are too small of a guage for 2k inverter.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum