Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 10:23 PM   #9
RVMichael

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I have a set of these (Amazon) that I use for our driveway.

Back it in and put them under the front wheels. Works great (don't trust them enough, however, to crawl underneath when its on the ramps but they will work for your purpose). I use them simply to keep it level enough for the refer to cool off--when the refer is off the RV isn't on the ramps.

I don't put anything on the rear wheels, even chocks--just use the parking brake to make sure it doesn't move.

Note that our front end scaled out to 4700 lbs or 2350 lbs each ramp (which is within their capacity of 3000 lbs per ramp).
I think this is what I'll do. I feel fairly confident that the parking brake will hold. I mean if it doesn't, then what's it for anyway. Just to make sure I don't roll out into traffic during the night (I'm picturing Clark Griswold), I'll probably have my daughter park her car in back of the RV at night.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum