Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Starter Kits
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 08:40 PM   #11
windsport27k2015

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: windsport 27k
State: Massachusetts
THOR #2451
blw2

No I understood , I should have said too bad we had not been as proactive as you! Smart thinking. Lesson learned for sure.
As for punch list I think they should of physically had one! Way too many things that your assuming before one leaves with such a large purchase.
We did request a couple of fixes that were obvious, such as front reflector missing, stove top not "hitched correctly" Bathroom trim popped out (they forgot to repair that we noticed too late) and one rather amusing one that definitely made us think the fluid levels of transmission and oil were never checked (part of the prep work) was when the "teacher" opened the hood and low and behold a chocolate milk bottle stuck of the radiator. I personally pulled it out. Information on the bottle Indiana hmmm... manufacturing plant?? The "teacher" took it from me and threw it on the ground. Guess he thought if he threw it so haphazardly it meant nothing to buyers.
We will learn from others and from our own mistakes , guess it will take time. We did do something correctly tested all the water faucets, levelers, toilet flush, shower . Checked for leaks and the generator and direct currents and ac unit all worked before we left. At this point nothing significant is standing out, with the exception of the extras we paid for non of which appear to have been done , hence back to CW nearer to home.
No matter what we intend to have fun and enjoy our new Coach!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum