Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 09:36 PM   #10
Travbob

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: British Columbia
THOR #11108
Bilstein shocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAxisOwner View Post
The stock shocks/sway bars are garbage. The front sway bar weighed zilch, the rear not much more. I was an ASE Certified mechanic and swear by Bilstein. My wife's Durango has them and they also made a world of difference. Same with a 4x4 Sportsmobile I built a few years ago... Put it this way, 2 out of the 4 stock shocks were already shot @ 2k miles. That tells me all 4 would have been done in short order. Hellwigs MAY help the shocks survive by reducing quick ups & downs etc... But, I'd go the full monty...
I would agree completely with the quality of the Bilstein's. I had a small Class C that I had installed Bilsteins front and back (HDs). Since I bought the Vegas before I sold the class C, I had both of them for several weeks and could drive them back to back. The 15 year old Bilsteins (with a lot of rough road and gravel road travel on them) were clearly superior to the brand new stock shocks on the Vegas.

The HD Bilsteins don't improve the ride any but certainly the handling is better. Floating over road dip and humps is vastly improved with Bilstein. With the old motorhome I have forgotten how much I paid for the Bilsteins but certainly was reminded of the quality and performance every time I drove the unit for the whole 15 years.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum