Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Gun Safe Ideas?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 04:11 PM   #29
steve76

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
Interesting posts for sure. Personally, I carry a 9mm handgun all the time including inside my home due to all the home invasions today and also in my own neighborhood. As far as defense, one can go to the extremes. Knew a fellow years ago when I lived in CA. on Sacramento Delta area that did canvas work on boats. He spent 5 years sailing from West Coast USA to HI. then down to Fiji, Indonesia, Thailand etc. and other Islands then around the world back to West Coast.
For his self defense during that time, he carried couple handguns, rifles and I don't know how he got them but he did let me see them on his sailboat, 2 RPG's and an M-79 grenade launcher. Had them hidden well in his 45' sailboat contained in a water proof compartment he built between the hull and salon liners to rear of his fridge and stove areas. I imagine he picked them up along the way while he was somewhere in another country. I didn't ask, he didn't say. Some serious fire power for the hard core traveler.
He lived on his boat in Discovery Bay CA. for several years, made a ton of money doing canvas work, then off somewhere else. Name was Ken, a big guy about 6'4", ex marine, wore jump suits, full head of white hair.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum