Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 09:06 PM   #10
NewAxisOwner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #13661
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
"alignment police" !? really sheesh (call me a cop because I do think you should get an alignment if you haven't but it sounds like you might already have). In everyone's defense (at least those of us you consider the "alignment police") is that Thor does recommend an alignment (our couch had 3 stickers strategically placed around it saying "alignment required" when we picked it up, and during the walkthrough the tech said to get one within the first 100 miles or so).

Having said all that. Have you ever driven an Econoline van? There is play in the steering wheel (note that Axis/Vegas units have a lot more in common with Ford based class C's than ACE, Windsport, etc. despite the external similarities). I believe that there is something in the steering box that can be tightened up to reduce the play, however, I don't think you'll ever eliminate it as its in the geometry of the E350/E450 steering mechanism.
1. AFTER Thor adds all of their weight on, what does that leave us, 400lbs or so? Thor should be doing the alignment prior to customer acceptance. If you have a problem with that, I could care less.

2. While attempting to be witty, Jimmy The Greek, your reading comprehension left you. You'd have read that I had built a Sportsomobile e-350 4x4 van and had the same problem. I was able to correct 50% of it, which is still 100% worse than any Dodge or Chevy...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.