Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 07:30 PM   #16
D and C Kincaid

Brand: Still Looking
Model: View
State: Nevada
THOR #7987
Seiki TV?

Like Mr. Sunshine, and many more on this forum, our ACE came with Seiki TVs. Our antenna works fine in areas where there is good antenna signal to receive, but in most parks, the cable simply does not work with our TV's. I have figured out by talking to camp hosts and other campers that the issue is the lack of QAM tuners in the Seiki TVs. I think that the Axerra TV's also have the same issue. I have planned on getting an external QAM tuner from Wal Mart or somewhere, and trying that to see if we can get cable TV in parks or not. Have not tried it yet, but theoretically should work. Have stayed in a couple of places where I had to "rent" a box and remote to get the cable channels. So far any place that I needed that, had a full refund of the fee when I returned the equipment at the end of the stay. Have thought of replacing the TV's, one at a time, and may do that eventually, but don't seem to miss the TV that much when we can't get cable, so not sure when it will become a priority.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.