Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 02:09 AM   #6
ournextstop

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Florida
THOR #2248
Tim,
Thanx for your input. I learned long ago that the chassis battery was only charged when engine was running. In my current situation the battery is good, we have not been using it for much other then raising and lowering the shade every day or so and putting awning in and out twice. I had battery checked when we bought the coach 6 weeks ago and it was in good health. If it was a dead battery when I pressed the Aux Start switch juice from the coach battery would flow into the chassis battery and at least give me some indication on the dash there was current! That does not happen.
I am currently looking at a solenoid in the electrical compartment (exterior pax side rear) that seems a little too warm. Not hot, but noticeably warmer then other electrical equipment in compartment.
I am thinking it may control current between the coach and the chassis and is inop. Will do some more checking tomorrow.

PS - FWIIW check out the Amp-L-Start (Google it) for your coach. I have used it on my previous DP and was very satisfied with it. Basically, when chassis battery is being charged it draws off a little power to charge the coach battery. When there is no charge voltage to the chassis battery it maintains the isolation between the batteries so one does not drain the other. I intend to install one on this coach just have not yet. There is also a version that draws less current to maintain the chassis battery. I will probably use that one instead of the Amp-l-Start. The company is LSL Products and they are very responsive to questions or requests for help. Check them out. (I have no affiliation with the company except as a satisfied customer)

I am still seeking inputs on possible solutions to my problem, especially anyow with experience with the solenoid.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum