Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Caulking
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 09:43 PM   #2
rynosback

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad014 View Post
Just wondering if anyone else has had any issue with the cocking on all the seams, I have a 2014 38RSSB3 full body paint, I have it in getting some work done and they have informed me all the cocking has dried up and cracked and allowing moisture to get in. I new it was bad. The cost is 1400.00 for labor. Not very impressed with this happening to a newer unit, but needs to be done I have owned several units and never had this problem.
WOW, but the job is labor intensive if done right. It is a known problem as the Geocell caulk that they use does not hold up. Since you are just aware of this you might want to check the floors of your slides. As it is also a common problem that the floors in the slides rot out because of the caulk cracking. The bed and vanity slide are the common ones. We are slowly resealing our rig with Lexel. It is super clear and seems to holding up. But it is hard to work with.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.