Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 05:15 AM   #3
rynosback

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
So we have been finally moving south today. While clicking off the miles down I-35 we started listing all the items that have failed on our RV.
We bought this DRV Memphis model July 2017 off from Lazy Days Tampa. Is the below list of issues normal for a $100k+ unit?

-Rotten Slide Floor, cracked caulk
-Leaking Kantleak, 50/50 problem, vendor issue
-Rotten Slide Roof, first time I have heard about this
-90-day factory caulking, it is what it is I guess
-Insulation falling in front and rear caps, common issue installation/design problem, fixes posted
-Floor tiles buckling in front of slide rollers in kitchen- fixed twice now, I have heard of this a couple of times, I would think installation issue or wrong style of tiles being used
-Only 3 rollers under kitchen slide, not sure how many are on mine
-Living room slide leaked- water dripping out of lights, installation issue, guessing that is the roof that rotted out
-Air leaks lack of wiper seal under bed slide, new one, but there is a easy fix that has been posted
-Leaking front jacks, vendor issue
-Leaking Hydraulic pump, installation and quality of parts used
-The ceiling fan that is decoration only- doesn't move air, EVERY unit, but a fix is posted. When it is an inch off the ceiling and the blades have NO pitch is the issue. Bad design.
-Coax cabling mislabeled broken in the walls somewhere, installation issue
-Brake Caliper bolts with no Locktite, vendor issue, Moryde
-Brake Caliper slide pins dry causing brake pads to hang and wear., vendor issue, Moryde
-Axle hub seal caps overtighten and cracked, vendor issue, Moryde fix posted
-Holes in all the airconditioning ducts above the vents, installation issue
-Light recesses drilled into AC vents, installation issue
-Shower door tracks hold water, vendor design, fix posted
-Most of the drawer self-close mechanisms have been replaced, sh@t happens, replace when needed. I have had to replace 1 of mine.
-Xantrex inverter that you have to unplug to reset, installation or defective part maybe
-Pull cable valves that are/were to stiff to operate., poor engineering on using the correct products, fixes posted.
-Water tank shelf/brackets under supported, I just heard of a couple of issues with this. Poor engineering, installation issue
-Furnace ductwork crushed and torn, bad engineering and installation.
-No floor heat to front bedroom vent, result from your above complaint
-Bubbles in the roof membrane, installation problem
-LED disco lights, vendor issue, common
-None of the slides were adjusted to be flush/tight at the inside when open, or be flush on the exterior when closed. Installation issue
-Surge Guard transfer switch had to be replaced- twice, vendor issue
-Midship exterior lights only work as running lights, not turn signals. DOT violation, new one on me, I would think that the rears only had to signal.
-2 of the exterior hatch doors are not square in the holes. They scrub when opening and closing. Installation issue, I had 2 myself

Some of these are product quality issues, other are installation issues, still, others are lack of QC.
We take full responsibility for driving off the dealer lot without living in and testing-using the RV more thoroughly. We had work-related circumstances that caused us to leave Lazy Days Tampa after staying in their delivery lot for 4 days.
Many of the items were repaired during the warranty period. But over time many more issues have surfaced.
Is this the "Quality" you expect of the DRV brand?
This isn't to be taken as a rant, or such. I'm asking as a serious owner that wonders, need to ask if other owners are under the same opinion?
Thanks for reading.
Sorry that you have had some major issues. I luckily did not have some of the major issues that you are having. We had to deal with several issues that just started and they had to change things on there end. R&D is needed but no one wants to pay for it. I was livid like you when we first got our rig. Create a list and set up an appointment to visit DRV to have them addressed.
A lot of these are common issues.
Not all of them are DRVs mess ups. There have been posts on how to deal with many of them.
A lot of issues can be catched by a PROPER PDI inspection from the dealer. There are 2 dealers that are well known as exceptional dealers for DRV. I would only buy now from Rolling Retreats.
But I agree with you that there quality control needs a major fix. There are problems that leave the factory that should have been caught and fixed.
But I still believe that these units are better then what is on the market. Go to Big Horn, Montana site and see.
Some issues are not the manufactures, vendors and installation issues. There are items that need to be maintained properly to have the product last. I am very mechanicals inclined and now what needs to be looked over and fixed when needed. But there are some that have no clue to how things work. Like why people buy SRW trucks to pull these units,weight police, LOL. Some are overloaded causing failures. There are so many reasons as to why a certain thing can fail. I understand your frustration and have been there. Take a breathe as DRV will try to make you whole. Comments to each line in bold.
Travel safe.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum