Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 06:08 PM   #34
jabrabu

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Ok, did you purchase your inverter yet? You might need a larger one (like 1500).

I didnt plan on running anything like a Micro or hair dryer. I can always turn on the Genny for 15 mintes so I could not justify going any larger.

Plus I only have two 6v 220 amp hour batteries.

Do you plan on adding batteries?

Do you plan on Boondocking for a long time?

I don't plan to boondock for a long time. We usually camp with electrical hookups, and if not it's usually just for a night. We'd just like to be able to watch TV during those nights without hookups, or while driving, and be able to power a coffee maker and laptops.

We did camp at Yellowstone for 4-5 days without hookups and managed okay, so it's not a big deal, just a "nice to have" for us. Ideally, I'd have more batteries and solar, but I wanted to start with an inverter.

I don't have the inverter yet, just doing research now. I was thinking around 1800W. I heard that this could power a microwave if desired.

I currently have two 12v batteries. Not enough for long boondocking without running the generator, but should be enough to watch a movie and then make a pot of coffee in the morning.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum