Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 02:44 AM   #20
rynosback

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
Rynosback-
We had Kansas RV Center do our Warranty work after 9 months of ownership. They fixed many of the items I listed above. I repaired the rest myself. Supposedly they had fixed the issue of water dripping out of our dinette slide roof lights, but that roof now has a huge soft spot.
The issue I have, is we pay top dollar or it would seem, for a rig that we know spends a longer time frame on the assembly line. We equate that to "They're spending more time assembling it, taking time to make sure everything is fitted correctly". But in reality, we are deceiving ourselves. The extra time spent is because of a smaller workforce than the others.
The floor tiles that keep moving are in front of the rollers. The rollers are mounted to the outside of the floor. But the weight of the slide moving across them, 2 of the rollers, pushes the roller and squeezes the tile enough to make it buckle. They are right along the edge of the base cabinets of the kitchen slide. Now that we have 2 more rollers added to help carry the weight, hopefully, that issue is resolved.
Ceiling fan... Yes, I lowered it to make it move air, but why should I have too?
All the jack and hose issues that people have. Why do they stay with Lippert? Why don't they say... Lippert your out, Big Foot you're in, don't screw it up. Same with the disco lights... Why should we have to replace 30+ lights because their vendor graciously sends us replacements? Why not just source better lights?
We just left a dealer and were talking to another DRV owner that had a slide floor replaced. They owned the rig for 5 months....
The last 2 houses we owned were old. We knew that there was work to be done, plumbing to redo, etc. But if I bought a new house, I would expect it to be perfect from the get-go. Why should I expect any different from an RV that cost more than my first house?
I agree with you completely. I am not trying to make any excuses for any of the work engineered, constructed and the vendors that they use.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum