Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Auto Gen Start
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 12:39 PM   #4
JohnK

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ARIA 3901
State: Georgia
THOR #12263
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1noel View Post
The only way I can see this happening, if everything is wired/programmed correctly, is if the generator is seeing the system asking for more juice. Such as the heat pump or air conditioner thermostat settings, or if your batteries are low, below the parameters you set. You might try calling the guys at Wirefly and see if they can help. They talked me through an issue I had and were extremely helpful.
Mike
Air/heat were set to the off position, only thing that might be using juice is the refrigerator.

Tried settings of do not start until batts are at 12 and shutoff at 13.2, with max run of one hour, batts got to 14.4 and after 1.5 hours gen was still running. Set auto gen start to disable and it shutdown, did not have to use the manual switch.

I have tried other voltage values for the start and stop values to no avail. So I am left with thinking it is the shutdown circuit/relay or whatever it is that is the thing that shuts down the generator.

One other question that I have about the operation is, if the batteries not need a charge at the time when AGS is enabled will the gen start right away anyway? I am thinking I should not need to start, but it does anyway.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.