Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 03:48 PM   #49
gringosity

State: Alaska
THOR #13323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
So we have been finally moving south today. While clicking off the miles down I-35 we started listing all the items that have failed on our RV.
We bought this DRV Memphis model July 2017 off from Lazy Days Tampa. Is the below list of issues normal for a $100k+ unit?

-Rotten Slide Floor
-Leaking Kantleak
-Rotten Slide Roof
-90-day factory caulking
-Insulation falling in front and rear caps
-Floor tiles buckling in front of slide rollers in kitchen- fixed twice now
-Only 3 rollers under kitchen slide
-Living room slide leaked- water dripping out of lights
-Air leaks lack of wiper seal under bed slide
-Leaking front jacks
-Leaking Hydraulic pump
-The ceiling fan that is decoration only- doesn't move air
-Coax cabling mislabeled broken in the walls somewhere
-Brake Caliper bolts with no Locktite
-Brake Caliper slide pins dry causing brake pads to hang and wear.
-Axle hub seal caps overtighten and cracked
-Holes in all the airconditioning ducts above the vents
-Light recesses drilled into AC vents
-Shower door tracks hold water
-Most of the drawer self-close mechanisms have been replaced
-Xantrex inverter that you have to unplug to reset
-Pull cable valves that are/were to stiff to operate.
-Water tank shelf/brackets under supported
-Furnace ductwork crushed and torn
-No floor heat to front bedroom vent
-Bubbles in the roof membrane
-LED disco lights
-None of the slides were adjusted to be flush/tight at the inside when open, or be flush on the exterior when closed.
-Surge Guard transfer switch had to be replaced- twice
-Midship exterior lights only work as running lights, not turn signals. DOT violation
-2 of the exterior hatch doors are not square in the holes. They scrub when opening and closing.

Some of these are product quality issues, other are installation issues, still, others are lack of QC.
We take full responsibility for driving off the dealer lot without living in and testing-using the RV more thoroughly. We had work-related circumstances that caused us to leave Lazy Days Tampa after staying in their delivery lot for 4 days.
Many of the items were repaired during the warranty period. But over time many more issues have surfaced.
Is this the "Quality" you expect of the DRV brand?
This isn't to be taken as a rant, or such. I'm asking as a serious owner that wonders, need to ask if other owners are under the same opinion?
Thanks for reading.
Hi Walker, we bought a Thor Freedom elite in August 2018 and besides going back to camping world once already I have also fixed a bunch of stuff myself. I thought the Thor brand waz better than most but when you really get a chance to look behind the cabinets and under the vehicle, it's shocking how bad the quality of work is. I told a friend who has had a trailer since new in 2009 about my issues and he just smiled and told me about his issues. I'm new to class C but from what I gather, there are few manufacturers out there who really bother to get it right the first time. Best of luck to you.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum