Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #56
oldbird

Brand: DRV
State: South Dakota
THOR #4935
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
oldbird,
Wiring for 4x6volts will not be same as 4x12volts if you have not already considered that.
Also, amp hours will not be 4x XX but 2x XX.
Joe
Joe, I have considered this and will have to see if I will have to have some welding wire made up to do the wiring. I would think that 4 6v's will do almost as great of job because my 4 12v's hardly pulled down at all running my Samsung and Sears small upright freezer. My 12volts are old and are run down to almost nothing, not good! This past summer in the UP of Mi a birch tree fell on the rear of the camper and the insurance is covering it. BUT, this DRV dealer I took it too has let the batteries drain down to almost nothing sitting there waiting on insurance company etc. I'm a little upset about this because the batteries are old anyway. I trust and like these guys but come on, plug it in!
Glenn 08 36tk3 #4571
oldbird is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum