Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 02:52 AM   #1
racochran

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Chateau 28E
State: Arizona
THOR #13948
Satellite connections

Not sure where to ask this and a search does not address my specific RV. I have a 2019 Thor Chateau 28E. Supposed to be satellite prep but see no evidence of it then have not been on roof. At 72 don't climb on roof unless extremely motivated.

I have a portable dish I used with my old 5th wheel so would like to reuse to save money and line that it can more easily be moved to align with satellite. It has coax output that I am in hope can be connect to wear park cable coax would be connect, will this work, alternative.

It appears the place for the Directtv receiver is under the blue ray DVD in the cabinet above the door. This also where the TV amplifier is located. Again wanting to use coax for connections if possible. Will use an alternative if I can but receiver used coax previously.

I did try connecting portable dish to the park coax connection. Then connected DirecTV receiver in serious between amplifier output and DVD input. Turned off amplifier.

What happened receiver connected to main TV not sure connected to bedroom and outside TV forgot to check DUH. Seems satellite signal not getting to DirecTV receiver. Have a feeling need do more or modify something with where coax amplifier is located.

Anyone done this? What do I need do to get all 3 TV's and satellite going hopefully with minimal modifications. Thanks for any and all help.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum