Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 03:14 PM   #26
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdomain View Post
I've had the gas fill problems on our Four Winds 28z that seem to plague many motorhomes with the Ford E-Series chassis. I got underneath today and took a look at the gas fill pipe and vent tube, and found that the fill and vent tube don't match up between the gas tank and the fill on the outside of the MH. It is bridged by a short rubber tube that appears to have a twist in it. Anyone else see something like this? Has anyone had it repaired successfully? A picture should be below.
Compared to other pictures posted, it appears to me that the hose was attached first and then the filler tube was rotated counter-clockwise as much as 90 degrees, putting the kink in the hoses. What gives it away is the position of the clamp, which would be very difficult to tighten as aligned in picture.

In a motorhome like FW28z all the clamps are aligned properly as you would expect a mechanic to do it to make it easier on himself if tightened after the assembly was aligned between the tank and the body.

I personally see this as a 100% Thor issue and not Ford.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.