Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 03:25 AM   #3
racochran

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Chateau 28E
State: Arizona
THOR #13948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
DirecTV requires a home run of coax from the dish's LNB to the receiver, as the splitter must pass the 18 volt DC current to power the dish's LNB. Thor pits a splitter for the TVs in that coax. It is usually connected by a short section of coax to the terrestrial antenna power supply. Remove the whole switch plate with the antenna power supply and you will probably find the splitter. You can still use a splitter but it must be a DirecTV approved one (called a green label as the splitter's label is green in color).
Okay let me talk this threw so it is straight in my head and sure I under stand.

Remove cover of amplifier and but a 3 way splitter meant for digital in coax in series with coax for antenna to amplifier. I suppose will need make short piece of coax cable up to do that. Then add from splitter, make up another short one to output of blue ray DVD.

Find a weather proof coax receptacle that I can mount probably close to existing one use for park cable and run RG-6 from it directly to input of DirecTV receiver.

So coax from portable dish to my new weather proof connection receptacle. Then be RG-6 from that receptacle to input of DirecTV receiver. Output of DirecTV receiver to newly installed 3 way splitter.

I then should have DirecTV to bedroom TV, TV in living area above bunk, and finally to outside TV. This sound right?

Not sure can find the splitter here anymore don't have a Radio Shack or other electronic supplies so unless Home Depot, Lowes or Walmart has the splitter will have to order it online or wait tell traveling in spring to Phoenix to get it. I suppose somebody like Crutchfield will have what I need if order online.

Sound like I got it? Sorry about being so dense been over 50 years sense dealt with anything of this nature.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum