Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 12:09 PM   #5
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockChuck92 View Post
Love my ACE, but not a fan of the cheap privacy curtain that covers the windshield, driver, and passenger windows. Has anyone made or bought a shade that fits this windshield? Not looking for a one-size-fits-all Walmart aluminum foil shade...I want it to fit well, look clean, do a better job of keeping the sun out when needed, and preferably be somewhat insulated. The windshield (and curtain) let ALOT of heat into my coach in the summer... any ACE owners out there with a solution?
If you want the prevent the heat from getting in and have a nice looking shade get a Magne Shade. It goes on (and comes off) easy, looks nice, and will reduce the head load in the camper (I'm a firm believer of preventing the heat from getting in thus an outside shade is much more effective than foil on the inside which lets the light through the glass and then reflects it back out--you're still letting the heat in).

Note that we don't have one, we do have something similar, a Sunguard Shade. Its essentially the same thing but held on with velcro instead of magnets--a less elegant solution. Still works the same, however.
Click image for larger version

Name:	axissunguard1.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	14558
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum