Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 01:01 PM   #11
Miramar Owner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupelo Kid View Post
Prob not, but I hope you requested photos of all that.
I was at an RV shop a few weeks ago for an auto gen start system install
and that tech said for a gen repair he didn't do the actual repair
but pulled the gen in about an hour, sends it to the area Cummins shop
for work then another hour to install back in the MH.
7 hours to pull seems a bit much.
However, it may be different on each MH.

Glad they found the issue with no other problems.

Mice are a problem for sure.
I did not request photos...I know the guys that work there and feel pretty confident in their work. This year I added moth balls into the actual generator compartment and hung a couple moth ball "blocks" under the generator itself. I also sprayed all around the generator with mice repellent...basically a peppermint oil.

Just a side note...they had to remove the compartment door to pull the generator. If you saw the melted plastic stuck to everything, you'd understand why it took so long to do. When the problem first occurred and the generator shut down, I could smell plastic burning. I thought the wiring was melting. As they said, I was lucky it just melted and didn't actually catch on fire.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum