Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 10:41 PM   #21
10scDust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonguy52 View Post
I had a pantry slide out and under warranty they tighter it up. Did you try magnets?
For the pantry, no we did not try magnets.
Not sure what to do, there are a lot of good suggestions folks are sharing, so thanks much on that.

I had been thinking of two wood blocks, that one per side of the pantry, mounted on the cabinetry front, make it to accept a 3/8" dowel to cross gate the door.
But nothing in the works as of yet, getting lots of new ideas though, lol.

We have been using a pull tight strap, not a ratchet one, long end to the pantry handle, stretch it past the fridge front to the handle assist for getting up in or out at the door.
Pull it tight by pulling hooked at that handle by the living quarters door.
I am afraid over time, the hook will leave a wear mark in the wood on the pantry slide out face.
We don't use the pulling force directly at the pantry handle, afraid it could eventually pull that apart.

We put wood slats across the shelf openings in the pantry, had some tuna fish cans fall free while it was shut, and they interfered with the slide closing all the way.
Had to fish them out, as we did not know how it comes apart, and did not want to open a can of worms.

That is why I asked here on the forum.
Once winter storage, here at home, is over, I will have decided my route, and may do what one of y'all has done.
Thanks again!

2016 Thor Outlaw 29H

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.