Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 01:58 PM   #14
Miramar Owner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Totally disagree here. CW ( or any other dealer) doesn't manufacture RV's...they sell them an attempt to repair them but selling is their 99% objective. I just got back from the Wakarusa Factory Service Center. 1,600 miles round trip and an out-of-pocket for travel expenses around $1,500. I would do it over again vs. going to a dealer for warranty or any other type service. Thor had the coach in the shop for 2 days. Made every repair perfectly, fixed a couple things not on the list, replaced every cabinet door latch with the "new design", ran it thorough the "rain test" again, followed with another 52 point inspection adjusting everything back to specs. They replaced the awning motor and gave me a new spare for JIC. They also gave me a couple tubes of sealant and caulk for seams and roof. No one knows these generators better than Cummins/Onan. To spend the money we do for a high-end RV and start shopping around for the cheapest way out doesn't make sense. One of my favorite sayings is..."never enough time to do it right but always enough time to do it over". My next service trip is to the local Cummins/Onan dealer here and have the unit serviced and checked out. Do it once...do it right...and never have regrets. BTW...if you ever get through the Elkhart area, a Factory Tour is a must-do!! It's kind of amazing to walk through, talk with the designers and assembly people and realize just how much we talk and complain about and the issues we have with these coaches actually makes it's way to design and procedural improvements.
Gritz, I couldn't agree more! The only comment I would add is an independent dealer will sell more RV's if they are responsive to their customers. I drove over 100 miles away to purchase my Miramar due to positive reviews, with 2 CW's much closer and passing 3 other independent RV dealers on the way. When the salesman is part of the ownership of the dealer, they tend to be more responsive to handling issues.

With all that said I would definitely make a trip to Elkhart if I had MAJOR problems with the motorhome.

Great comment, Gritz!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum