Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 08:01 PM   #1
Golfbum18

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
2017 ACE Driver's side window leak

Hello,
I have read plenty on a problem like this but none seem to hit my problem.
I noticed some water coming in from the drivers side window..about 6" forward from the "split" in the window. We caulked around the window with 2 applications so don't think it's coming from the window frame outside. However, in a 5" rain day down here yesterday, found more leaking.
We covered the leveler control pad with plastic to keep it from getting into there and put towels around before the storm...they were damp the next morning.
The only place that we haven't worked at is the upper cab and there is that "void" that many ACE and Vegas owners know about above the window. Thing is, can't figure how water is getting into the roof area...I was up there and see nothing that looks like a separation. It appears to be running down the side to the window...still not sure how it's getting through the recently applied caulk but it is. Seems like it almost needs a "spouting" sticking out from that void above to run the water off instead of letting it come right down the side of the coach.
I think the worst thing is to park and store on the level. When our coach was stored before, it had the nose up a few degrees and never saw this since I think it was running backwards instead of just laying up there and running off all around since it's level now. Quick and dirty fix I guess is to park so the nose is up again but that doesn't seem to be the way to run a railroad.
I'd welcome any suggestions.
GB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181215_110432.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	14599   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181215_110447.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	14600  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.