Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 11:43 PM   #1
petef

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
Class A beware your heater hose may get cut

My 27K 4 years old lost power , overheated and stranded 100 miles into I-10 in West Texas. Problem? Whoever put this rig together never bothered to cut the hose to the correct size so it would not rub on metal, after 4 years and 35k miles it rubbed thru. I pulled over quickly, let things cool down, pulled the engine cover and was able to disconnect the hose, cut the section with the hole on it and reinstall to the engine. Because I had plenty of water was able to fill the radiator back up and go on. Lucky there was no engine damage. This was totally Thor's fault and completely avoidable. The engine cover is hard to get off because of poor installation so I never took a good look under it. I am warning everyone to pull the cover and see where your engine water hoses are, and secure them away from the edges of the cover or anywhere they can rub.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181209_130654[1].jpg
Views:	101
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	14601   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181209_130644[1].jpg
Views:	94
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	14602  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.