Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 03:45 AM   #15
houche

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #12533
tinker3030 What have you tried? It is not overly complex. Take a digital multimeter and check voltages in different modes. If you haven't got a digital multimeter get one. Very handy tool. Check whether the batteries charge while on shore power. If charges on shore power it is not the inverter. Check whether they charge while running the generator. If charges on generator it is not the transfer switch. That leaves the solenoid and isolation relay and the associated fuses. The Trombetta and the isolation relay are easy to replace and fix. My batteries were discharging while we were driving because we were running the axxera rear camera (use it as a rear view mirror) When we arrived the battery was sufficiently discharged that the leveling jacks wouldn't run. Dealer found some battery problems but it didn't fix the problem. I checked all the fuses in the wiring between the chassis and house batteries. All were good. That just left the trombetta and isolation relay. I changed both and everything now works. Charges as we drive and jacks work as soon as we arrive.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.