Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 02:04 PM   #4
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi, well this is probably not the correct area of this forum to post coach mods but since you asked here......I purchased a couple Bosh J strip wiper arm adapters off Amazon (I think you can still purchase them if you check) and I basically used all stainless steel nuts/bolts/flat and lock washers to attach the adapters to the existing J hook portion of the OEM wiper arms. (I used three holes for extra security). This did require drilling corresponding holes into the OEM J hook wiper arm.....but if you take your time and use locking pliers you can easily complete the task. Nice thing is the Bosh J hook allows you to use 30" Michelin truck/car wiper blades from Costco for example instead of trying to find and pay the stupid cost of OEM RV wiper blades which are made to fit the wider OEM J hooks. Also if you decide this is not working for you, just take off the Bosch adapters and you are back to the OEM J hook arms. OEM wiper blades are a little longer but on my ACE this mod works very well. Each season I just check that the stainless hardware is still secure and forget it. Some pictures attached for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	adapter.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	14605   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3404.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	14606  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3405.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	14607  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.