Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 09:26 PM   #5
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
^^All good advice. At the factory they told me about the auto shut down feature so that's why when I got home I did what I did and monitored it over a couple days. I had been driving 2 days so I knew they were at true full charge. Best thing, when convenient and you're not using the coach, is to do something similar and see just how it reacts over time. You may be surprised that you can cut your generator use in half for the reasons you state in your post, meaning only run it once a day or less depending on your results. I'm sure in the summer when things heat up a bit, this window will shorten but I will do the same test then with temps in upper 80's to low 90's. When we start boondocking that much (and we will next year) I will use my portable generators for the purpose of charging instead of running the house unit. I have 2 Honda 2000's I run in parallel and a Champion 3100, both of which have a 30A RV plug.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum