Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 12:15 PM   #4
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I use Voom twice a year. I’ve tried Rejex and like it fine but it says it does not provide UV protection whereas Voom says it does. I have no idea if there’s even a shred of truth in that but might as well try for it. Two years on and no fading yet.
Where does Rejex say it doesn't provide UV protection? Their website says otherwise:
Quote:
This very thin film, only tenths of a micron thick, reduces adhesion of all common contaminants such as road grime, exhaust, oil, bug splats, bird droppings, brake dust, tree sap, pollen, tar and grease. RejeX also provides exceptional UV protection. it is even effective against the dreaded love bugs!
Ah here on their FAQ page:
Quote:
RejeX is a tough, air-cured, impermeable high-gloss, ultra-slick polymer sealant and finish without UV inhibitors.
but later on it also says this:
Quote:
The high light refractive index means that the majority of the light spectrum (including UV radiation) is being rejected from the surface rather than being allowed to penetrate into the paint (or fiberglass, etc.).
So they are basically saying that they don't have any specific UV inhibitors in it but since its reflective the UV doesn't get to the surface anyway?? hmm am I buying it?? not sure.

If that is true it would mean that standing next to your Rejex'ed rig you'll tan a little faster as all that UV hitting the rig will be reflected back on you! LOL
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum