Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 10:59 PM   #30
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I think it's great you folks are finding solutions that work for you
....but honestly I don't understand the interest in digital. Too easy to get caught up in the places after the decimal.... I mean really, I could care less if it's 68 degrees or 69 degrees.

I do understand though some of the interest in automation. Something I've wanted a long time in the RV is a remote AC control on the dash. I added a genny switch a long time ago so I can start and shut down the genny from behind the wheel, but I have no way of controlling the AC (or for that matter the fridge, furnace, water heater,...) and I sure would like to.
Not long ago I switched out my house thermostats to ecobee thermostats, to work with Alexa. I like them. Nice features, work well, good app on the phone. I do kinda wish I'd have gone with nest though, mainly because nest has better sister components such as video doorbells, smoke detectors, cameras...and the google home system, as far as I can tell, is far better than Alexa.
Just too much money though for me, just to get remote control capability...especially since I may not always be running my hotspot for wifi...or have usable bandwidth to the net.
I believe the interest in the digital thermostat isn't the precise readout, its the tighter band on the temperature control (less of a cold-hot-cold swing). The digital readout just comes with as a happy bonus.

I just swapped in the Coleman Mach digital myself--easy peasy just connect up the same color wires you're disconnecting (since its the same brand thermostat).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum