Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 11:37 PM   #1
lmichel

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #10644
Backup Lights NEVER off

2016 Outlaw Class-A 37RB
On a F53 Chassis.

I noticed on returning to my RV that the reverse lights were on. The keys were in my hand.

Long story short: Once I drove the RV a few feet and checked again, the lights were out - as they should be.

Over the next few start-stop trips, I noticed that the lights would be stuck on more and more often.

Now they are on constantly.

First I suspected some weird electrical problem. But everything checks out.
Then I thought the shifter (on the column, automatic) might be misaligned and not sensing that I am not in reverse. Took the whole column apart inside. All looks tight and aligned perfectly.

Now I'm thinking the Neutral Safety Switch (or Transmission Range Switch) is faulty.

But the RV shifts and drives completely normal. The PRND42 indicator reads dead center in every position and there is no abnormal play in the shift lever.

I'm on the road with the RV in Florida and need to find a dry place to park and crawl under and take a look. Solid rain down here currently.

I can't find any reference online exactly where I'll find that switch. Any experience here??

Any other ideas before I give up and try to find a place to take it around the holiday?

Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.