Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 09:04 PM   #7
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmhappel View Post
Hi everybody,

My wife, Lynne, and I are buying a Vegas 27.7 and are wondering if we need to upgrade the generator or batteries because Lynne needs to run an oxygen concentrator (600 watts) and a portable unit battery charger.

If anyone knows, it would be a great help. Thnxs. We are so looking forward to keeping a bunch of promises to each other about going to see our country.

Ken
The Thor Vegas is a Great choice.
You will love it.

In my opinion...
> No generator upgrade is necessary
> No battery upgrade is necessary, but be aware that the Thor stock batteries do not seem to last long. So within a year or so, be prepared to replace with two new high quality batteries (12 volt deep cycle or AGM, or 6 volt)
> A 1200-2000 watt inverter (built-into the Coach, of course), is preferred so you are not required to start the generator or be plugged into shore power in order to run your 600 watt device.
All the info you need about inverters is on the Thor Forum to guide you thru the installation process (i.e. if you want the Dealer to do it, or if it's your own weekend DIY project).
Many on this Forum have professionally installed an inverter in their rig for under $200 as a DIY project.

Hope to hear from you soon.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum